Dunshaughlin Community College upholds a strong tradition of an active and energetic Student Council team. The Student Council endeavours to improve the daily lives of students, in the spirit of co-operative partnership with school management.
The Student Council in our school, is a representative structure, which is composed of elected students from across all of the student body. The work of the Council is guided and directed by the liaison teacher Ms. Nic an Rí.
Our activities are varied, and essentially our aims are as follows:
- To improve and enhance student life, and to encourage all students to take an active role in school life.
- To liaise effectively with the student body, Staff, Management and the Parents' Association where appropriate, to promote and maintain a positive and understanding school environment.
- To establish a positive link with the Senior Prefects and to work effective together.
- To provide a forum to allow students to raise concerns, and to achieve greater unity by seeking acceptable solutions together.
- To increase our relationship with the local community by our fundraising activities for worthy causes.
So if you have plenty of energy and enthusiasm, would like to meet and work with some new friends, and want to make a real difference to school life in D.C.C.....
We welcome you to join us on the Student Council team in the new academic year!