Easter 2021 Newsletter – Click here to Download
EASTER RAFFLE - PRIZES GALORE!
Easter Raffle Prize Winners 2021
Denise won the €250 Teeth-whitening kit from Bridge View Dental
Ann-Marie won a €50 Garden centre voucher
Stephanie won a €50 Garden centre voucher
Peter won a €50 Garden centre voucher
Una won a €50 Garden centre voucher
Claire won a €30 Tara voucher
Bronwyn won a €30 Tara voucher
Paula won a Pamper Hamper
Marie won a Pamper Hamper
Olivia won the Friday-Night-In Hamper
Mick won the Goodie Hamper
Arlene won the Faustino Wine Hamper
Bláthnaid won the Chocolate Lovers Hamper
Gráinne won the Easter Hamper
Celine won the Hamper Digioia Luxury Pizza-making Kit
Bláthnaid won the Newgrange Mug Gift Set
Ettie won the Scrumdiddly's Gift Pack with €10 voucher
This year in order to fundraise for guest speakers, extra-curricular equipment and other activities for our parents and students, the PA has organised a raffle using the idonate platform.
View prizes and buy your tickets using this link: tickets using this link: https://www.idonate.ie/raffle/DCCPEasterRaffle
DESIGN OUR LOGO COMPETITION
One4All Vouchers to be won!
Closing date 12th April 2021
Aims of the Parents' Association
- Promote good communications between the school and parents/guardians.
- Provide opportunities to raise issues of interest to parents/guardians and to get information from the school in response.
- Help raise funds in order to improve the quality of the educational experience of our children in Dunshaughlin Community College.
- Organise activities to promote the welfare of the students in the school.
- The Parents' Association is consulted before new school policies are introduced and are also made aware of any amendments to existing policies.
Parents Association Committee
The following are the elected officers of the Parents Association for 2020/2021
Chairperson Diarmaid Heussaff
Vice-Chairperson Robert Kennedy
Secretary Elaine Heneghan
Treasurer Aideen Mooney
Joint Treasurer Sara Gallagher
- Click here to find us on Twitter
Click here to see our Parents Association Constitution
The Board of Management Parents Representatives are
Roberta Gallagher & Dane McGovern
Click here to see Agreed Report from the most recent Board of Management meeting
We have put together a list of useful websites that provide supports and resources to parents
- A free counselling service for young people aged 12-18: https://turn2me.ie/
- Resources for Parents during COVID-19: https://www.parentsplus.ie/post/resources-for-individuals-families-and-parents-during-covid-19-crisis/
- Guidance for students with ASD transitioning to Post Primary School and tips for coping with mainstream school
- Navan Education Centre Resources and Supports for Parents
- Department of Education Services and Information for Parents
- National Council for Special Education
- Parenting and Education in Ireland
- Parentline is a national confidential helpline that offers parents support, information and guidance on all aspects of being a parent and any parenting issues
- Barnardos national database of parenting courses
- Dublin Community Mediation provides family mediation and dispute-resolution services to assist families settle disputes and repair communication and relationship problems
- Parents Plus train and mentor those who work in the Community, Health, Education and Disability services to improve the outcome for families